When I shared with you Lamb Sausage recipe, I received so many requests to share another recipe which you can serve your guests. So today I will be sharing with you Portobello Steak with Mushroom Puree & Mushroom Crudo recipe.
Portobello Steaks Recipe
- 3 Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 small Onion, diced
- 1/2 whole Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon White Wine
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive-Oil
- Remove the stems of the mushroom and preheat the pan to start cooking this recipe.
- Add a little bit of onion and some garlic and cook for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the mushrooms, and turn to medium.
- When the ingredients turn golden brown add the mushrooms.
- Turn the mushrooms upside down and add more oil if required to avoid burning.
- Put the mushrooms on the plate and put the juices in the pan on top of it.
- ½ pound Crimini Mushrooms, finely diced
- ½ pound fresh Shiitake Mushrooms, trimmed and finely diced
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh Thyme Leaves
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black-Pepper
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add oil and butter.
- Sauté the shallots until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook over moderate heat for until the mushrooms’ liquid evaporates about 10 minutes.
- After this pour some vinegar and keep it on low flame for 5 mins.
- Carefully transfer mixture to a blender and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency, but still thick.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- ½ cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sherry Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine mushrooms, onion, garlic, parsley, and vinaigrette. Steam in olive oil and stir well.
- Place a layer of Mushroom Puree on the bottom of a plate.
- Layer with Portobello Steak and top with Mushroom Crudo.
- Serve with Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ketchup or any other sauce as per your taste preference.