If are looking for the bbq recipe which you can serve in front of your guest, today I will share with you a spicy lamb sausage recipe.
- 1 large Leg of Lamb
- 1 pound Pork Fat
- ¼ ounce Pink Salt
- 2 ¼ ounces Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ ounces Dextrose
- 4 oz Milk Powder
- 1 teaspoon All Spice
- 1 teaspoon Mace
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Clove
- 1 teaspoon Dry Marjoram
- 2 oz minced Garlic
- 1 minced White Onion
- ¼ cup Thyme Leaves
- Place meat grinder attachment into the freezer and make sure it is ice cold before you grind your sausage mixture.
- Cut the leg of lamb butt into ¼ inch dice and combine all ingredients except milk powder and chill for at least four hours.
- Add milk powder to meat when you take it out of the freezer, making sure that you combine all ingredients really well before adding to the mixer.
- Once everything is cold, place pork mixture into a meat grinder on medium speed in your kitchen aid attachment, making sure not to overwork the engine.
- This is where you can make sausage patties or if you are adventurous you can fill hog casings.
- I find that 3.5 or 4oz patties are the best sizes.
- Just put these sausages on a bbq grill and cook for 45 mins.
- Serve with rice balls.
If you have any doubts regarding this recipe feel free to contact us here.